Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Pocky is Yummy.

There are many bloggers out there who dedicate their posts to candy. I am not one of those.

However, I love candy, so it will inevitably be reviewed or mentioned here at some point.

For example, Pocky. I have never heard of it before, but it caught my eye in the asian isle at the grocery store, and I thought, why not?

This flavor of Pocky was strawberry and the box was pink with sticks that look like cookies with pink chocolate on them. (They reminded me of my favorite chocolate mint stick things that I get at Bandidos and try to steal from everyone else at the table without them looking.)




They are described as "Biscuits covered with strawberry cream" , but I'm pretty sure there's no actual cream in these (does whole milk powder count?) They actually taste more like a cookie than a biscuit too, kind of shortbready tasting. I think that's the official term...shortbready.

Regardless of the countless artificial things in these, they were fantastic! When I opened the package, a nice aroma that reminded me of Strawberry Nestle Quik wafted from them and took me back to my childhood. Does anyone else remember the pink powdered stuff you put in milk, or am I really that old now? The strawberry taste is mild, too. Just a nice hint of a berry, almost leaning more towards vanilla.

My kids however didn't agree. Joshua, my almost 5 year old dropped it on the floor like it was a vegetable, and my youngest, Jacob, started wacking the microwave with it. Of course he wacks everything with anything, so that may not mean much.


But, for those adventurous enough, I suggest trying these. The next time you're near the rice and soy sauce, look for Pocky. It will become a main staple in my shopping cart from now on...

No comments: