Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Holy Cheat!

We went to the lake last weekend, and were expecting some friends and their children up for the day. I decided it was a perfect time to make some of those Chocolate Graham Cracker cupcakes with Toasted Marshmallow Frosting, since they were similar to S'mores.

One bite and wow! I really didn't want to finish the rest of it, because it was very sweet, especially since I hadn't had that kind of thing in a long time.

But, it was quite tasty and I will share the picture of it. You can print the recipe from here if you want to try your own.
The bottom of the cupcake is actually a graham cracker crust, with a bit of chopped chocolate that gets melted on top before you add the batter. The top of the batter is sprinkled with graham cracker topping too. The marshmallow top is like a meringue and gets toasted with a creme brulee torch.
It's almost like a mini chocolate cake/pie all in one tiny package. I'll have some S'more!

No comments: