Thursday, July 24, 2008

When it rains, it pours...

As you may know, I was gone last week on vacation. While away, I only had one business call for an order that I had to drive back to town to take care of. Actually I didn't HAVE to do it, I just wanted to. It was for our new client, The Emporium, and I was so excited that they had to reorder already, that I really didn't want them to wait. Plus, they had a farmer's market they wanted to take them to, so I obliged willingly.

I was a bit surprised at the lack of business related activity last week, but relieved at the same time for obvious reasons.

However, this week has already proven to be a busy one. I had an order for 15 apples from my client, Plumtickled Junction, which is celebrating Cowboy Day on Saturday. I also had a small order for four of our 6 oz. pretzels from a website we're on called indulgeinchocolate.com.

While busy making some extra pretzels to have on hand, I received an order for three of the Hallmark stores, which is actually fantastic! Not only did they just order a month ago for 4 of the stores, they normally only order this frequently for 2 of their stores, the Dupont and Apple Glen locations. So, I'm excited that business is picking up at their Northcrest location.

I was also delighted to see that they had doubled their order of our pretzel bark, which indicates that it must be selling well. The marshmallows were only reordered for one store, which was actually surprising, but that's okay. I'll take what I can get.

Then, I received a call from our oldest client, The Anchor Room, and they also ordered more than usual. I like where this is heading.

In addition to all of that, I had a great phone call with an Executive Chef in Columbus Ohio, who is interested in possibly using the pretzels as amenities in the rooms of the hotel in which he works. As always, I love me a fellow foodie, and we somehow got lost in a conversation about cooking classes and my crazy chocolate cauliflower. I'll be sending a sample package to him on Monday, I hope all goes well.

And finally, I received a wholesale inquiry for a nice shop in North Dakota. Perhaps we'll be adding another state to our contact page soon...we shall see.

So, my rest and relaxation is over, and business must go on...thankfully it has good timing.

No comments: