Monday, June 16, 2008

And now, the aftermath

As a stay at home business owner mommy, my work is never, ever, ever done. This weekend was full of crying and messes to clean, and hospitals, and medicine delivery attempts (yes I said attempts....those $%#@# kids are so difficult! it's bubble gum flavored for crying out loud!! What's the problem?)

And of course a tiny little holiday known as Father's Day, that we all attempted to enjoy the best we could. The kids were astonishingly back to normal. (and yes, there was an occasion that both Mark and I dared to wish that they were still sick. we are going to hell in about 5 minutes.) A crazy day filled with joy, laughter and screaming. Ah, normalcy, how I've missed ye.

Which brings me back to reality. I have work to get back to, now that the dust has settled. Things I put off over the weekend in order to deal with my sickies, are now needing prompt attention.

The boys however, have other ideas. They want ice cream, tea and mommy's undivided attention still. And why not? I gave them everything they wanted for 3 days, why should it end. I'm sure any minute now one of them will say "It's not fair!" But hey, life's not fair, and if life was fair, I'd be 5'10", a size 2, and sipping some giant cocktail with an umbrella on a beach somewhere, so get over it.

Now, back to my regular schedule, with the addition of kids hanging from each limb. Wish me luck...

No comments: