Thursday, June 19, 2008

Broccoli is green

Joshua: Mommy, I want some food.

Mommy: What kind of food?


Joshua heads out to the freezer in the garage where nothing but organic bread, organic veggies, homemade soups and of course, ice cream reside. It doesn't take much to figure out which one he's heading for.


Mommy: Joshua, you can't have Popsicles. Or ice cream.


Joshua: But, mommy, I just want some food.


Mommy: But, Joshua, there's nothing out here that you want, trust me. And no Popsicles.


Joshua: But I want some new food. Not Popsicles.


Joshua looks in the freezer: "Broccoli"


Mommy: Broccoli?


Joshua: Yeah. Broccoli. I want some broccoli.


Mommy: You do know that's green, right? It's a vegetable. It's not broccoli ice cream.


Joshua: I know. I want broccoli.


After picking myself off the floor from fainting...I go make some broccoli. My lobotomy theory has been proven.

No comments: