Friday, June 27, 2008

Literacy pretzel gets the seal of approval.

My Literacy Speaks! pretzel, which was initially intended to be given out to speech conference attendees, has become a bit of a wild card.

The owner of Literacy Speaks! and I had discussed the idea of donating a portion of proceeds from the sale of the pretzel to a literacy organization, similar to what I do with the Jubilee! pretzel and cancer research.

A local Women's Initiative division of the United Way was first on our list, as they work tirelessly for those less fortunate, struggling to meet the challenges of school, specifically to close the gap before the third grade.

Quite surprisingly they took this idea and are running with it. Several ideas were tossed out, and it seems like their goal is to get this pretzel to everyone they can.

I will keep posting news as I get it. We haven't ironed out the details, but hopefully the little pretzel that could will make its way into the news and get lots of interest, so we can donate some money to a great cause. Making a difference in the community is one of my goals for this company, and this could be just the stepping stone we need. Stay tuned...

No comments: