Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bark! Bark!

I thought I'd post some photos of the new pretzel bark that we'll be adding to the line soon.

I melt chocolate and stir in various ingredients, and then pour it onto a large metal pan. Once that is set, I can pour other flavors and colors of chocolate on top of that to create different varieties and looks.


This one is Butterscotch chocolate with toffee pieces on the bottom layer, and white chocolate with corn flakes in the top layer. I forgot to mix in the pretzel pieces, so I just sprinkled them on top of this one.



And this one is called S'more, because it has a white chocolate layer with graham crackers and the pretzels I didn't forget this time, and a milk chocolate layer with mini dehydrated marshmallows. I tried using real mini marshmallows (the jet puff kind) but I didn't really like the gooeyness of it when I tried to break it up. Plus, these little dry ones look so cute once the bark is broken. And, best of all, it's an awesome way to use leftover dehydrated marshmallows that I use in my hot cocoa pretzel, when the cold season is over. Reduce, reuse, recycle, right?

No comments: