Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Lucky me...

Some days, I'll admit it, are harder than others to get motivated. Some days I don't feel like even looking at a pretzel, let alone making 100 of them.

I often feel guilty about it, because I love the business so much, it doesn't make sense that I'd ever feel burned out.

But, while watching my favorite TV show, The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch, I was once again inspired by something a guest said.

There was a woman on there who had started a business and she said that she would never go back to working for someone else again. She said that she was the luckiest person because she gets to wake up and do what she wants to do.

Now, that should have been a "duh!" moment for me...and it was. I was all, "Duh! I can't believe I ever hesitated at making pretzels. This is the best job ever!"

So, armed with that new inspiration, I have started to branch out and seek new shops to get DipSticks into and to keep forging ahead towards the bigger goal. I am creating new brochures as well as new web site design ideas, that will hopefully be done in the next few weeks.

You may be wondering why I need so much motivation. Well, when you're a stay at home mom and your choices are a.) stay in your pjs all day and play hide and seek with your cute kids, or b.) actually work....you'd probably choose option A every chance you could get too. Am I right, or am I right?

No comments: