Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Crying in my sippy cup.


My son Jacob is 2 1/2 and is going through a phase...at least that's what I'm telling myself.


It seems lately I spend most of my time looking for his "Jew" (his non anti-Semitic term for juice), which is inevitably rotting away somewhere in a sippy cup that is determined to never be found again.



If I don't find it immediately, he resorts to standing on the coffee table and fake crying, for, like, ever.

I don't know if he thinks this will bring his sippy cup out miraculously, or if he's testing the theory that mommy is a time bomb. Either way, it's not working/working respectively.

**Please note: we have 4 sippy cups in rotation, all of which go missing at the exact same time, or are all falling out of the cupboard at the exact same time? What's that about?

Sippy cups have been the bane of my existence since the first one I purchased in 2003. It either leaks, is hard to put together, leaks, breaks, or leaks. I've never found a non leaker that won't leak. If you know of one, I'd be happy to try it, but I won't believe you. For me, it will leak.


For now, I endlessly search under every cabinet, every chair, sofa, and table, for this freakin' sippy cup that is leaking it's contents to spite me.

He doesn't understand that I can't find it. To him, it should just appear because he's asking for it. I've got better things to do than look for sippy cups all day long.


But, guess what? I've got to go now, so that I can find a sippy cup...


No comments: