Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A blogger never sleeps

One thing I've learned since starting this blog a few months ago, is that everything I do and see is weighed against whether it is blog worthy or not.

If my kids say something funny, I jot it down. If I read something interesting or thought provoking, I make a mad dash to my computer to draw up a draft post to publish at a later time.

I read a lot of blogs too, and it seems that is a normal scenario. I've even ran into some blogs that also offer their "twitter" thoughts, which is an online way of just randomly saying what's on your mind. How they find time to do anything but twitter and blog I have no idea.

And speaking of blog, what a strange word. Every time I say that I have a blog, I start to laugh. "OH, I blogged about my dairy intolerance the other day" sounds so strange to me. Maybe in a few years it will be so common place I won't even notice. Or maybe blogging will go the way of pet rocks, only to be reminisced about over cosmos and fondue someday.

My blog tends to go between my love of food (see recipes and DipSticks) and food's hatred toward me (see dairy and thyroid). It's a lovely way to pass the time and share random, slightly meaningless points of view with friends and total strangers.

Ah, technology. what would we do without ye?

No comments: