Friday, May 16, 2008

Still makes me nervous

I don't understand it. I have been selling these little pretzels o' mine for almost 5 years now, and every time I approach a new vendor I get nervous.

I picked up the phone today to dial a few numbers. I had a very small list of about 10 stores I wanted to contact. That first number always makes my stomach gurgle. If that one goes well, I'm usually good for the rest of the calls. But, today, almost every number I called I had to leave a message.

Either they were not there, or the manager was tied up at the moment, but not getting an actual answer can make it hard to be upbeat for the next call.

I think I did okay, but I have several to call back, and several to wait for calls from. One doesn't have air conditioning, and so chocolate isn't exactly a good fit right now. And two don't carry local products. Kind of a bummer, but it's a start.

I think the more places that carry the pretzels, the more they become recognizable.

I'm going to mail out some other packages Monday for some of the larger chains I mentioned. See, now that doesn't make me nervous.

No comments: