Monday, May 12, 2008

Mommy, watch me! Part II

Lord help me. I think Joshua is going through some kind of regressive growth stage. I noticed a few weeks ago that he was starting to ask me to watch him all the time. That's not a problem really, except that what he wanted me to watch were things like his foot being on the wall on this spot, and then hey watch, my foot is now on this other spot. Or him walking backwards. Or moving his finger in a circle in the air...What do you say to that?

I just nod my head and say "yeah, Joshua, that's great." I'm probably setting him up for huge failure when he grows up when he'll find out people don't really get that excited about normal body movements.


Then a few days ago he was mad that I wouldn't let him have ice cream for lunch. After ten minutes of a scream fest, he decided, okay, I'll have the chicken and mashed potatoes. However, he put my hand on the fork, and pointed to his mouth. He wanted me to feed him! Like.A.Baby.


That same day, Jacob was playing on the piano. It sounded a lot less like a car accident than usual, so I told him he was doing a good job. Joshua meanwhile, who was sitting on the potty to pee, says, "What about me Mommy? What about me?" Um...good peeing Joshua?


What's this about? How do I deal with this? Mark says it's a phase and that Joshua just wants attention. But what I don't understand is that I yell at Jacob pretty much all day, so why would Joshua think that's better than the way I treat him, which is usually quite the opposite of screaming, with giant hugs and kisses and lots of praise for bodily movements.

I am seriously confused....someone hold me.

No comments: