Thursday, May 8, 2008

Is there a censor on my ass?

It's no wonder my adrenals have taken a crap. I just realized today that every single time my butt hits a flat surface, one child or both come running to me like a big flashing light just went off warning them that mommy isn't busy doing something for them.


Seriously. I walk aimlessly around the house putting away things that don't belong on the floor, looking at my growing behind in the mirror, getting juice or crackers for the kids, opening the frig and wishing candy grew in the ground so it could count as a vegetable...for hours.


But, as soon as I think of sitting down to work on something of great importance such as returning emails, searching distributors, counting how many posts about amy winehouse are on perez...ya know, essential tasks to life, I swear something happens.


I start to tap on my keyboard and instantly the little one is yanking on my shirt and saying something like help, spongebob, or maybe food, and try as I might to ignore him and keep typing, it's very difficult to type one handed, and the left arm of my shirts are three times too big now from all the pulling.


I need a break. I'm a stay at home mom raising two beautiful boys, and a wonderful business, but somedays, I feel like a better alternative is to sign up for front line duty in the war...I imagine I'd have more down time and far less stress.


Since I'm too old for the military, I better start searching for more plausible options. Like finally heading to that convent I've always dreamed of, or maybe being an intern for the president. I could definitely get some good naps in then...

No comments: