Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ciao Bella!

Thanks to my no dairy and no wheat mantra these days, I have discovered several frozen concoctions to get me through my sweet tooth.


This one is called Cioa Bella and is the Blood Orange flavor. It is a fat free gelato and I can't believe how tasty it is.


The ingredients are basic, which I love. Blood Orange juice. Orange Juice. Sugar. That's it.


The texture is similar to sherbet, but maybe a little less creamy. The taste actually reminds me of grapefruit. Very sweet, but with a sour, citrusy note.

For those keeping track at home, there is sugar in this, which I am not supposed to have. I save this for my "cheat days" and for when it's this or a box of oreos. I think the Ciao Bella is the safest bet when faced with that decision!


I can't wait for the weather to actually get warm. This will be a nice, gluten free, dairy free treat.

No comments: