Sunday, March 23, 2008

Death, Birth, and Rebirth

No, I didn't get the story of Jesus out of order, that was just a brief outline of my weekend.

It was a bizarre and emotional weekend, to say the least.

It began on Friday with the funeral for my cousin's baby. I recommend to everyone--never, ever go to a funeral for a baby. It was the most heart wrenching experience at a funeral that I have ever had, and not one that I will forget any time soon.

Then, on Saturday we had the birthday party for my now 5 year old son, Joshua. He had a blast helping me with the cake, and once his cousins came for the party, he couldn't stop smiling. I will post pictures soon of the cake. I think it turned out very well, considering this is my 6th cake without any formal training. But formal training would be fun.

Then, Sunday came and it was Easter. The egg hunting and easter basket discoveries lit the boys' faces with joy, and gave me a fresh sense of, well, rebirth.

Sadness aside, we all ebb and flow with the ways of the world, and some days are spectacular, and some days leave a bit to be desired. But life is a miracle, one that should be treated carefully and fully appreciated. Don't leave any stone unturned...you never know what you might find.

No comments: