Friday, March 14, 2008

Motivation, not so much.

So today I had big plans. I was going to spend the entire day mixing up concoctions and finalizing packaging details, to prepare for tomorrow's big picture taking day. (my husband takes the photos for the website, and he was going to get them all done tomorrow)

But, as is typical in this house when the words "plan" or "think" are uttered, my children laugh in my face.

I woke up this morning at 5:00 a.m. to Joshua complaining of a stomach ache. He tossed and turned for about thirty minutes, and then said he had to go to the doctor. Well, since the last two times he said this we ended up in the ER, I took this very seriously. So, we went downstairs and I gave him something for his upset tummy. Luckily he felt better in about ten minutes...I on the other hand, was tired. He was jumping around like it was a snow day. I was tired.

Once kid number 2 woke up, it was all down hill from there. Trying to rest while the kids are awake is like trying to....do something really hard, that's not possible even remotely. (see, i'm too tired to even think up analogies)

I did get some color samples printed. I think I've narrowed down those, which will then be utilized in the hang tags, as well as any other print material and the website, once I get around to revamping those.

I got the laundry started and this blog post typed. A shower may be in the future, but I won't hold my breath.

Sometimes self-motivation is hard. Almost as hard as trying to nap while the kids are awake.

No comments: