Thursday, March 13, 2008

A sign of Spring...ish

I saw the first sign of spring today. I had to dig through the snow a bit to find it, but I was certain it would be there...a tiny budding crocus. A faint smile and slight remembrance of what it's like to feel warmth flickered into my frigid brain, if only so briefly.

I'm confident I speak for the entire Midwest when I say that this winter can Bite Me.

We've had enough drastic weather changes and snowfall to choke 100 T-Rex's, three times over.

Those of us who believe in Global Warming, are saying, "See, I told you so." And those who don't believe in Global Warming are saying, "See, I told you so."

Regardless of your stance on that oh so controversial topic, it's darn cold. I'm tired of it. NO, really, I'm tired. I'm fatigued from gathering snow boots and winter jackets and mittens and hats and scarves, and putting them all on, taking them off, putting them back on, taking them back off, putting them away, getting them back out...endlessly.
I'm tired of scraping my car of ice, and almost getting stuck in snow with my husband's sporty, not made for winter acura integra that I have to drive now since my beautiful, blizzard equipped Santa Fe is in the shop from "the accident." (see blog post titled "Big Guys 1:Little ol' me 0")

I'm tired of the grey, lifeless scenery that I witness day in and day out. It's exhausting and depressing, and I can only save myself by thinking spring.

Here are a few photos to warm you up. Drink some hot cocoa, and hope to god this Global Warming/Absolutely nothing to do with Global Warming thing will equally bless us with a long, hot summer too.























Pictures from our family trip to Emerald Isle, North Carolina. August 2007.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mia and I like to do a little skippy dance around the first crocus every year. Of course, here in Chicago, that would be the first Burger King wrapper to surface from the black, frozen snow. But I hear ya, sister. Amen and pass the sunscreen.