Friday, March 28, 2008

How to buy wholesale from Anderson Bakery.

I have been buying Anderson pretzel rods for years. I started buying them by the large jug about a year or so ago from Tractor Supply of all places. They consistently have these large bins at a much cheaper rate than most places, and one of their stores is next door to my shop.


One day, I thought, hey why am I buying 12 of these jugs at a time from Tractor Supply when I could get them directly from Anderson and save a ton of money?


So, I made one call before Christmas got sent to voicemail, no call back. 3 more calls since Christmas and still no answer. I even spoke directly to a person once, who said she'd send an email to her sales staff and cc the Regional manager to make sure I got a call....uh, still waiting.


Today, I noticed that I was getting low on pretzels again, so I called the manager at Tractor Supply and told her I was getting nowhere with Anderson, so she kindly gave me their contact information.


I placed a call to a guy in New York, meanwhile my oldest son who is not feeling well, is following me around asking about some car game that I have no knowledge of. Mike answers the phone, and I begin to tell him who I am and what I want. Joshua yells loudly that he wants to go down to the basement to find this car game. I said "shhhhh, I'm on the phone". This means, "Please yell louder" in five year old language apparently.


Finally, Mike is done telling me that he can't help and to call another guy named Dave at some other number. Joshua has the basement door open and Jacob is heading down to the mold infested dungeon just as I hang the phone up. He has a block in his hand and tells me it belongs to the car game. This finally triggers a tiny notch in my brain known as "Random knowledge only a mom could possess."


While I'm dialing this Dave's phone number, I carry several birthday bags and two Easter baskets down to the basement and put them away. Upon getting his voice mail, I begin to leave a message while I'm carrying a large plastic car up from basement, that hasn't been used in 2 years.


"Yippee! That's it! That's the car game," exclaims Joshua, just as I'm finishing my message for Don.


Maybe that's why no one will call me back?

No comments: