Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A season for change

This warmer weather has me very excited for summer. We are going to rent a lake cottage on Big Long again, and we'll be venturing to Emerald Isle, NC with Mark's family again for our soon to be annual Beach House trip.


So, I need to get my butt in gear. I am huge and tired and SO not bikini ready. I am probably about 45-50 pounds over weight right now and I feel like I'm 60 years old.


I am very tired and feel quite cumbersome. I can't really bend over effortlessly or go upstairs very easily, and with my family history of severe obesity, it's an issue that needs nipped in the bud (butt) now.


This isn't exactly a diet, as much as it is going to have to be a lifestyle. But, I am going to begin a candida diet that I've done in the past with great success.


I've lost weight with other healthy food programs, but have never felt as energetic and healthy (even my skin and hair was glowing!) than when I'm eating the candida way.


Unfortunately, this diet ain't an easy one. Pretty much anything I use to eat is a no no. No white flour or sugar, no sweeteners of any kind actually, including natural sweeteners like honey and agave, and of course artificial sweeteners are off the list. I can have stevia and do use an english toffee version that seems to help in emergencies. I can't have vinegar (which makes ketchup, mayo and mustard out) and no wheat, or other grains for the first 4 weeks and most fruit is limited for a few weeks too (candida feeds on sugar, so all sugars are a risk), also, no alcohol, no dairy, no peanuts, no caffeine, no mushrooms and no smoked meats.


Gone are my cheetos and lemon meringue pies/cheesecakes, and no more taco bell or starbucks for me for awhile. But, if all goes well, I'll be exchanging these fatty foods and my fatty butt for better health and tons more energy to keep up with these active kids and my fast growing business.


I'll try to post menu ideas and recipes as well as my progress as often as I can.


If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the comment section, or email me directly!

No comments: