Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dinosaur Birthday cupcakes

Joshua turns 5 on Saturday and I cannot believe it. The time has just flown by, and it seems like earlier today he was a newborn.

But, nevertheless, he is growing up and wants a Dinosaur cake for his birthday. To keep in the theme, I am also making dino cupcakes for him to take to school this week.

I made a white cake mix, and placed some colored chocolate circles in the center.










While they were baking I made dinosaurs
out of chocolate and a dinosaur mold.

Once the cupcakes cooled I frosted them and then placed the matching chocolate dinosaur shapes on top.
They turned out pretty cute I think, but the true test is when I drop them off at school tomorrow. The teachers may think they're a little messy though...oops. Oh well. If you don't want a mess, don't tell me to bring cupcakes, right?


I was hoping the chocolate pieces would melt in the center, and make a cute blob of color for the kids to get excited about. But, instead, the chocolate didn't melt, and now there's a cute blob of not melted chocolate for the kids to get excited about.


I can't eat one until Saturday because that's my cheat day (i'm on a diet, okay!) But my husband and the boys thought they were yummm-ola.

No comments: